… This post will updated as we go …
Last week we had a bunch of scammers, attempt to order laptops from us, using stolen credit cards and stolen identities.
We’re pretty switched on around here at Warcom, so we very quickly spotted all of these orders.
I’m not particularly fond of people trying to rip us off, so I decided to go to one of the “dodgy” drop off points and confront one of the people.
It turns out, whoever the person was, that send us the “scanned copies of drivers licences, and credit cards” is doing this all over Australia.
Here’s a little bit of a background on the guy:
- He ordered the laptop via our website.
- We knew the order was suspect, so we asked him to scan, and fax over his details.
- The drivers licence he sent over, was clearly manufactured, as was the credit card.
You can usually tell if a card is fake, especially when they spell “business” as “Busines” and the ANZ Bank logo, had been photoshoped onto the card.
- I went to this guys house, last Friday and had this conversation: http://www.warcom.com.au/scammer/memo.m4a
- After then conversation ended, I went to the broadmeadows police station (2 minutes from the suspects house).
The police have done nothing.
I just discovered that my mobile phone was recording this conversation; whilst I went to the scammers house. What are chances of that happening? I must be in luck!
You can listen here: http://www.warcom.com.au/scammer/memo.m4a
Let’s just pretend the guys name, is ManZaPan.
Updated: 19/02/2013 5:25pm.
I’ve sent this awesome person an email.
It’s very nice to hear from you again. This is all very strange isn’t it.
That drivers licence you sent to us, doesn’t actually look like you does it?
In fact, you look like this guy: http://www.warcom.com.au/tmp/man.jpg .. Because I met you last week!
Yet, you sent me a photo of this guy: http://www.warcom.com.au/tmp/man1.jpg … You don’t look like him now do you?
I tell you what I’m going to do. One night this week, I’m going to come, something, something..
Have a fantastic day and see you soon.
Updated: 20/02/2012 12:38pm.
- OCAU Closed the thread over here: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1073254
- Here’s a scan of one of the victoria cards (for a person who placed an order) and also, a scan, from someone in NSW.
- Decide for yourself if you think something sus is going on.